The sacrifices we make as moms are endless. These sacrifices can become especially noticeable at night, in the wee hours, when we are forced to leave our warm and comfy beds and interrupt our precious few hours of blissful unconsciousness. I've realized these are my top 10 reasons for getting out of bed in the night...
1. "Mommy, I can't find my teddy bear."
2. "Mama- I need to pee. No, you have to come...because its DARK!"
3. I have to pee.
4. Baby wants to nurse.
5. Turn on the fan for my husband.
6. Turn off the fan because I'm shivering.
7. Kick the dog off the bed.
8. Fight for blankets.
9. Urine, vomit, someone's thirsty...pretty much pick a fluid, going out or in...and I end up out of bed.
10. I have to pee...again.
I don't believe I will ever rest peacefully again. These reasons only seem to change as my children age, instead of disappearing. While I grumble and stumble around in the dark now, I dread the future nights spent out of bed for a missed curfew, screaming girly slumber parties, and the quiet emptiness when they move out.
What/who keeps you up at night?