So we are already 4 days into our advent activities and loving it!
Today we filled out our Christmas lists...
We've decided not to introduce the magical fat man, Santa, and instead keep Christmas focused on Jesus. Thus, instead of letters to Santa, our kids are filling out Christmas wish lists for US!
You can find the printable I made for our lists here!
This is our first year doing advent activities, now that our oldest is finally big enough. I searched high and low for a list of perfect experiences rather than gifts, chocolates or stories, because I wanted our advent to be filled with memories instead of just stuff.
I had a hard time finding things that the whole family could do, so I ended up making my own advent calendar and baby/toddler friendly family activities. Here are a list of 10 of my favorites (that aren't simply picking out or decorating a tree) we will ALL be doing this year:
In no particular order...
- Take a photo every hour of the day.
- Dinner in a fort, followed by a Christmas lights drive!
- Making a candy nativity scene instead of a gingerbread house.
- Making a card and mailing it to a friend/family member of our choice.
- Unplugging from ALL electronics for a whole day. Family time!
- Christmas music dance party.
- Snowman building.
- Slumber party by the Christmas tree.
- Delivering Christmas treats to our neighbors and nearby family.
- Polar Express movie night with a hot chocolate bar.
What are your favorite advent activities?